Today Archbishop George Niederauer highly commended The Gabriel Project to all Pastors and Parochial Vicars of the Archdiocese of San Francisco and asked them to seriously consider this ministry in their parishes. In his letter, the Archbishop stated that The Gabriel Project is a practical, effective way for parishes to reach out to women in difficult pregnancies with real, concrete help.
The Archbishop wrote: “The USCCB’s Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities notes that one of the objectives of a parish pro-life committee should be to ‘develop or adopt a parish-based ministry to pregnant women and their children.’ The Gabriel Project answers this call. It embodies the practical support that the bishops promise pregnant women.”
He briefly described the workings of The Gabriel Project within a parish and recommended that a small team from each parish be sent to a conference being conducted by the San Francisco Archdiocesan Respect Life Program of the Office of Public Policy & Social Concerns. He also presented details about the conference.
- Click here to read the Archbishop’s letter.
- Click here to learn more about The Gabriel Project.
- Read Archbishop Niederauer Heralds NorCal Prolife Effort (The Catholic Key Blog - by the staff of the newspaper for the Diocese of Kansas City, St. Joseph in Missouri).
- Read Archdiocese of San Francisco to host Gabriel Project conference (Catholic News Agency).
- Read Gabriel Project: Gabriel’s Angels Show God’s Love to Pregnant Women in Distress (Catholic Online).